Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ninety Nine Point Nine Percent

Photographer by RedupReda

Back to the world, against a tree as the sun bakes my face
So entwined in amongst life’s great sugar, and silver lace
Digging deeper to open this up, afraid to get so entangled
And there’s a pressure that feels like, I am being strangled

Now is it so hard to acknowledge the ideals, of similarities?
Or is it the one tenth of one percent, of all the differences?
You don’t have to climb a mountain, to swing your arm
Slight step to the side, and soon realise that there’s no harm

Fading it down and reinvent you, but it’s the same beneath
I enjoy the sunset as I know the night, begins its wreath
So turn the cheek and noticed, the skin is cooler out here
Free to dance as you are, and be yourself without a fear

Strum on my guitar like the clock, ticking the seconds away
So to counterfeit yet another and seemingly, endless today
But all in the paces of the personal perspective, of illusion
Let’s stray off the path and so bath myself, in this confusion

Lit up a first cigar after I quit now, about four long years ago
Failed to inhale as I just saw it, just burning away so slow
And figured now; if that lasts this long then I can be forever
Doesn’t it actually make a difference? But never say never

Saw the cloud sailing the sky, and wondered where they go
Are clouds emotional as they are sometimes storms, and blow?
Or a greater power at work in partnership, of fate and fortune
Where’s the fun in always trying to deny, some kind of emotion

Just better be yourself, because then only the genuine fit closer
And regard each and everyone, as the daily four leaved clover
Can’t think now of being any other way, but what I want to be
Because I am so sick of changing, it’s high time I was to be free

So close this final verse, of passive and perceptive conjuring
Isn’t a wonder we have time to be able, to fathom us slowing
To consider the considerations, we seem to forget to consider
Take it from me that you can only be anything, so much better

More here:
Poems by Vision Ghost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home